lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.19

From: Atsuhito Kohda
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.19
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 08:14:38 +0900

From: Thomas Dickey <address@hidden>
Subject: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.19
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 21:53:43 -0500

> 2001-02-26 (2.8.4dev.19)

I packaged lynx-cur of the above version recently to Debian
and I got a bug report yesterday.  If i understand correctly
the reporter said as follows:

    lynx-cur was configured with '--with-screen=slang' but
    if the system didn't have curses library then configure
    failed like

    checking for tgoto in -ltermcap... no
    configure: error: Can't find -ltermlib, -lcurses, or -ltermcap
    make: *** [build-stamp] Error 1

I am not sure but if one configures with '--with-screen=slang'
then the checks for -ltermlib, -lcurses, or -ltermcap is
unnecessary???

If so please improve configure script not to check unnecessary
libraries.

Best Regards,                   2001.3.2

P.S. I sent the almost same mail from wrong 'from address'
(not subscribed one).  Please ignore and delete that mail
if possible.

 Atsuhito Kohda <address@hidden>
 Department of Math., Tokushima Univ.