lynx-dev

lynx-dev Problem with META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh". Is it a bug?

From: Gennady Stupakov
Subject: lynx-dev Problem with META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh". Is it a bug?
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 13:32:03 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

This an edited repost of my message that was blocked by antispam
filters in the mailing list. Remove the hyphen from the word
"un-supported" in the tag below, to get the original
message.

************************************
I want to use lynx to get to the Bank of America web site:
https://money.bankamerica.com/cgi-bin/SingleSignonServlet

The html document returned from the server has a form for input of
user ID and a password. But it also has a refresh command
in it: <META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh"
CONTENT="0;URL='/help/un-supported_browser.html">
If I use IE, I type in the user ID and password, click the submit button
and get to the next page. In lynx, clicking the submit button brings me
to the highlighted link of the refresh URL only. I checked with the
trace option, for some reason the browser does not send my request to
the server, so I never get the second page from the web site.

What is wrong here? Is it a bug, or I am doing something wrong?
I use the latest version dev19 compiled for cygwin.

Gennady.