lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: wrong arg count for touchline

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: wrong arg count for touchline
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 18:33:51 -0400

On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 05:22:16PM -0400, Webmaster Jim wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 04:29:11PM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> > > I'm compiling the latest lynx on NetBSD 1.5, with these options:
> > > ./LYCurses.c: In function `LYtouchline':
> > > ./LYCurses.c:1559: too many arguments to function `touchline'
> > > I've put the usual configure logs on jim . spath . com /lynx/
> > > make.out lynx_cfg.h makefile config.status config.log config.cache
> > I get a 403 (forbidden) on that subdirectory.
>
> You should be able to grab config.log, or other files one by
> one. I didn't want to post a full URL, as these shouldn't be
> archived/spidered/etc.

> > > up for linking, but the OS definition for touchline is overriding it
> > well, the configure script tries to look for both and decide which one
> > to use (I thought we'd fixed that stuff last year)
>
> I think the only way it worked for me was to remove the default
> curses.h. This is a new system running NetBSD 1.5, so I haven't done
> much to it yet. I'll have to look at the packaged patches or makefiles
> to see how others have avoided this problem.

the fundamental problem is that the *BSD pkg directories are not in the
default search list for the configure script (I don't see any point in
adding that, since the same can be said for the packaging systems on
HPUX, AIX, Solaris, IRIX: none of the vendors wants to put third party
packages where a natively-written application is likely to conflict with it).

(it being Friday and I'm tired/irritable: I spent some time earlier this
week attempting to get NetBSD to mount an msdos partition - it works fine
with FreeBSD and OpenBSD...)

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com