lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Tables on Lynx2.8.4 Windows port

From: Duke Normandin
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Tables on Lynx2.8.4 Windows port
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 17:38:45 -0600

On Sat, May 12, 2001 at 06:33:03PM -0400, Thomas E. Dickey wrote:
> On Sat, 12 May 2001, Duke Normandin wrote:
>
> > Why does this version of lynx display a table as "diagonal data" like:
> > me
> >     you
> >             them
> > ??
>
> That's Ilya's modifications for nested tables, which does that.  (It's not
> clear to me why it is able to sometimes leave cells on the same row, and
> other times split them, except that it's apparently related to whether the
> successive cells are "really" multiline).
>

> > As well, links in the table don't appear to work. Anything I can do to
> > lynx.cfg to fix this? TIA....
>
> I'm not sure - a test url would be helpful (there was one case a few weeks
> ago reported like this, but it did not break for me).
>
> --
> T.E.Dickey <address@hidden>

The worst case I've encountered was receiving a multi-page result for a
search at
http://www.google.com

None of the links work at the bottom of the page -- and the skewed
diaplay is *very* annoying. I have to do an 'l'ist and the links become
active. I'm about to go back to 2.8.3, I think. Later....
--
-duke
Calgary, Alberta, Canada