lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: Lynx display of dash character

From: Philip Webb
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Lynx display of dash character
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 22:42:03 -0400

010516 Arthur Flexser wrote:
> On Wed, 16 May 2001, Philip Webb wrote:
>> 010515 Arthur Flexser wrote to me:
>>> using Lynx, dashes in text not only don't display properly,
>>> but suppress display of the remainder of the line that they appear on.
>>> The dash is displayed as -&#8212, and the remainder of the line
>>> is simply absent.  An example of a link that shows this is
>>>   http://slate.msn.com/moneybox/entries/01-05-10_105896.asp
>> i see no sign of the problem in my rendered version using 2-8-4dev.19 ;
>> the source does contain many cases of  —  (NB the semicolon).
>> nor do i remember ever seeing this mentioned at lynx-dev before.
>> what version are you using?  `=' or `p' should show it at top of page.
>> some sysadmins run very old versions of Lynx,
>> but it isn't difficult to compile your own with a shell account.
> I am using version 2.8.3.

that is recent enough ( `=' & `p' are commands, which reveal the version),
so it's not clear why you are experiencing a problem.

again to lynx-devers, any suggestions for this user?  TD?

> Is any variety of 2.8.4 available to the public?

goto  lynx.isc.org/current/  for the latest 2-8-4dev.20 .

if you care to put in the time,
you can peruse the Archive at  www.flora.org/lynx-dev/ ,
where you might find something relevant to your problem.