lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx v2.8.4pre.1 and Cookies

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx v2.8.4pre.1 and Cookies
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 20:44:18 -0400

On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 06:53:22PM -0500, Ken Scott wrote:
> We've been using v2.8.4dev.20 here for quite a while.  Upon upgrading to
> v2.8.4pre.1 last night, I discovered that sites which require
> cookie-acceptance to be turned on are functioning with it as though it is
> turned off, even though this is not the case.  I've checked and
> double-checked and rechecked the new lynx.cfg some more, and everything
> cookie-related is set identically to the way it was in the config file for
> v2.8.4dev.20, but I just can't get the desired behavior.  Obviously I'm
> missing something, are there any ideas as to what it might be?

well, these are the changes for cookies - if you can describe the problem
better, I can try testing to see if/what I broke something.

* modify cookie path prefix-comparison to ignore a trailing slash, e.g.,
  /group/sftvnews/ versus /group/sftvnews (workaround for LV visiting
  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sftvnews) -TD
* cookie path= should be a prefix of the request-URI path, so do not truncate
  request-URI path in LYSetCookie() [we got mistaken "invalid cookie path=..."
  prompt in some cases previously] -LP
* move logic for cookie_domain_flag_set() out of LYReadCFG.c into LYCookie.c
  rewriting it to make it table-driven, where it is now shared with LYrcFile.c
  -TD

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com