lynx-dev

lynx-dev BUG? -dump: no sweets (cookies), please

From: Leonid Rokhinson
Subject: lynx-dev BUG? -dump: no sweets (cookies), please
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 13:16:31 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, everyone,

it looks like there is a problem with how lynx 2.8.4pre2 handles cookies
with the -dump switch.
If I invoke a site which requires cookies, like

 lynx -allow_all_cookies \
  http://ojps.aip.org/journal_cgi/dbt?KEY=VIRT01&Volume=CURVOL&Issue=CURISS

it shows on the screen OK, but if I try to dump it with

 lynx -allow_all_cookies -dump \
   http://ojps.aip.org/journal_cgi/dbt?KEY=VIRT01&Volume=CURVOL&Issue=CURISS

lynx reports:

  Looking up ojps.aip.org
  Making HTTP connection to ojps.aip.org
  Sending HTTP request.
  HTTP request sent; waiting for response.
  HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily
  Data transfer complete
  HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily
  Looking up ojps.aip.org
  Making HTTP connection to ojps.aip.org
  Alert!: Unable to connect to remote host.

  lynx: Can't access startfile
  http://ojps.aip.org/journal_cgi/dbt?KEY=VIRT01&Volume=CURVOL&Issue=CURISS

There is no problem using -dump on sites with no cookies. Any suggestions
what can be wrong?

--Leonid