lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Thinking of a Possible Javascript to html Converter

From: edmondrod
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Thinking of a Possible Javascript to html Converter
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 08:17:22 -0400 (EDT)

A source page converter would be missing user input.  Javascript has logic
in it, which is processed during interaction with the user.  A converter for a
source page would be missing input from the user.  I only know a little
HTML, but I believe the if-then type logic of javascript is not really
available.  Logic like that in the past involved using CGI remote type
processing.  It seems to me that processing the javascript would have to be
done via an interpreter and "just in time" type interpretation.

A page written in javascript could be converted, I guess, if there was
no user input influencing the variables and logic flow of the script.

Edmond Rodriguez