lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Thinking of a Possible Javascript to html Converter

From: Rob Partington
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Thinking of a Possible Javascript to html Converter
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 22:40:21 +0100

In message <address@hidden>,
Duncan Simpson <address@hidden> writes:

> I would also note a lot of javascript does simple thins like validate a form
> before you submit it. Turning that into a straight form should work, albeit
> without the client side validation.

You still need the Javascript logic to know how to the submit the form
a lot of the time.  This was the problem I ran into a couple of years
ago -- I got the validation working, but then couldn't get the form
sumitting part working, so it was all kinda pointless in the end.

>                                     Arguably this is not a great loss since
> there must also be server side validation anyway for obvious security resons.

A lot of forms reconfigure themselves with Javascript nowadays when you
pick an option in a drop-down, for example.  This wouldn't work.
--
rob partington % address@hidden % http://lynx.browser.org/