lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev MacLynx

From: Patrick
Subject: Re: lynx-dev MacLynx
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 07:27:32 -0700

In "Re: lynx-dev MacLynx"
[21/Aug/2001Tue 01:45:29]
Thomas Dickey wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 11:52:03PM -0700, Patrick wrote:
> > Well...  As Philip Webb said, MacLynx is old and hasn't been supported
> > for some time.
[...]
> if someone is in a position to do some development, we could try porting
> the current code to the Mac.  (I understand this to be pre-OS X, since
> a port to OS X should be fairly straightforward).

Well...  If anyone does feel like it, I'd be willing and eager
to do any alpha- and/or beta-testing needed on 68k builds.  And
I can help out a little with resource editing, interface items,
etc.

>From reading old messages about this, I get the impression MacLynx
doesn't have a lot of Mac-specific code in it.  Might be better
to write a kind of framework -- terminal emulation, dialogs, AppleScript
support and the like -- something which current and future Lynx
code could be wedged into, with minimal tweaking.

Rolf Braunn's Better Telnet is under the GPL, and chunks of that
might be useful for the terminal emulation.
        http://www.cstone.net/~rbraun/mac/telnet/

It doesn't support Drag+Drop editing, but at least it allows you
to copy and paste in the terminal window.  And it can print, on
paper no less.  ;-)

                             Patrick
                   <mailto:address@hidden>
                <http://www.island.net/~pboylan/>