lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Using lynx as a filter

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Using lynx as a filter
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 16:32:19 -0400

On Mon, Sep 03, 2001 at 02:35:56PM -0400, A. R. Vener wrote:
> This problem probably has nothing to do with lynx per se.

actually, in this case it does - a couple of times we've put out a copy of
lynx that doesn't initialize properly for the slang configuration if no
$TERM is set.  (the problem arises because slang's order of initialization
isn't the same as for curses -- most of the development & testing is done
for the latter).

> When procmail is run as a delivery agent it does not pick up the
> users normal operating environment. In order to overcome this, you
> script can specifically execute your .profile or .login or some
> other customized environment setting script that defines
> the TERM environbment variable prior to  executingf lynx.
>
> Rudy

Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>        <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com                              http://invisible-island.net
ftp://dickey.his.com                                ftp://invisible-island.net