lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx bug in interaction with ebay.com?

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx bug in interaction with ebay.com?
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 15:43:12 -0400

On Sat, Oct 13, 2001 at 03:30:11PM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 13, 2001 at 08:28:53PM +0200, Morten Bo Johansen wrote:
> >
> > The attached message is from debian-users and the problem
> > raised therein seems like a bug in Lynx 2.8.4.
>
> maybe not a bug, but a new requirement (work with non-compliant server).
> opera can't visit the second page, w3m can't view the first, and links
> shows incorrect display for the second.  (lynx can't get to the third
> part).

minor amendment (I'm too impatient, assuming that something's not working when
its response is orders of magnitude slower):  w3m did display the first page
when I waited a few minutes for it to do whatever it was hung on.  But then
like links, it didn't render the second page.  (I'm running on Slackware 8.0 at
the moment, in case that's related - but lynx definitely is handling ebay
better than the other two).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net