lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: Lynx with SSL on Win32 (was: Would you ever so kindly..?)

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Lynx with SSL on Win32 (was: Would you ever so kindly..?)
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 07:14:54 -0500

On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 12:27:38PM -0500, address@hidden wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a question/favor to ask of you.
> I don't want to be rude, so please forgive me if it seems that way.
> I am a Lynx user and lament the lack of SSL in the Win32 ports.
> I was wondering if I could throw myself at your mercy on behalf of the
> n32 Lynx users and ask you to update your port with SSL.
> In return I would promise to make every page I design Lynx friendly or
> provide an alternate page for Lynx users on every site I build.
> I would compile this myself, except that I lack the knowhow.
> The Win32 Lynx community would be indebted to you again!

I have been meaning to work on this with my Borland build of Lynx
for some time, but haven't had the spare time to do it. There are
other ports of Lynx for Win32 that you might also look at; the
one included with the cygwin distribution is built with SSL. See
http://www.cygwin.com/ for more details. You might need a lot more
disk space than the standalone version I've built, but you also get a
development environment.

Jim

------
<http://www.cs.indiana.edu/picons/db/users/net/bcpl/jspath/face.xbm>