lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Shared object "libintl.so.1" not found

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Shared object "libintl.so.1" not found
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 10:27:44 +0900 (JST)

> % uname -rs
> NetBSD 1.4.3_ALPHA
>
> Anyway, how do I force Lynx to compile with static libraries, just remove

Okay, so what I did is make a temporary directory, and move the shared
libraries in there until the Lynx compile finished.  While it works, it's
pretty clumsy since I have to move those shared libraries back so other
applications that need them to run have them where expected.

How about the other way, i.e., getting shared libraries (or only the
shared libintl?) to work for Lynx.  Is there anyone familiar enough with
NetBSD to give me a hint as to what I'm doing wrong.

At present I use the environment variables CPPFLAGS and LIBS:
setenv CPPFLAGS "-I/usr/local/include"
setenv LIBS "-L/usr/local/lib -lintl"
It doesn't make a lot of sense to me to have to specify a path as
generic as /usr/local, but if I don't configure coughs.

__Henry

> > > cd chrtrans && make tables
> > > ./makeuctb ./cp1250_uni.tbl cp1250_uni.h
> > > Shared object "libintl.so.1" not found
> > > *** Error code 1
> > >
> > > Stop.
> > >
> > > % ls -l /usr/local/lib/libintl*
> > > -rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  108238 Feb  3 17:03 /usr/local/lib/libintl.a
>
> I'll also take a look into this, since the static library is 8 times the size

Just forgot to set the CFLAGS to "-O2".  It's 19kb.