lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Need Win32 Lynx with support for HTTPS URLs

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Need Win32 Lynx with support for HTTPS URLs
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 00:16:21 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 9 Feb 2002, James Roberts wrote:

> Where can I get Lynx for Win32 that supports HTTPS URLs.
>
> I am running Windows 98 and have downloaded Lynx for WIN32 from
> http://www.jim.spath.com/lynx_win32/ but this does not seem to support
> HTTPS. Where else should I look?

I don't think you should spend much time looking. As far as I know there
is no publically available binary with https support for Win32. You can
build your own, using the Win32 compiler of your choice. I have built
it using the free Cygwin compiler, but don't have personal experience
with the other Windows compilers. If you don't want to build it yourself
(or have a friend do it for you), you can use the SSL enabled DOS binary
from my site after you install Dan Lanciani's ndis3pkt shim. The latter
is not free, but is relatively inexpensive. I would suggest building the
binary yourself for the cleanest operation. I don't think that there is
much experience with using the DOS version under Windows. It works on my
machine, but this is clearly not optimal. The latest Win32 binary
available on the web is from Hiroyuki Senshu (2.8.5dev.7). See my web
site for links: "http://www.rahul.net/dkaufman/index.html";.
                              Doug
__
Doug Kaufman