lynx-dev

Re: RFC: change coming to lynx-dev archives

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: RFC: change coming to lynx-dev archives
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 12:11:40 +0900 (JST)

>   What I came up with was a system which stored messages in an SQL
> database, and then a simple PHP viewer of the SQL data.  Information is

Sounds great!

>   This leaves one remaining question:  What to do about the files at
>
> http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/lynx-dev/ ?  My recommendation is to just
> note they are already indexed at Archive.org and simply delete them from
> our website.

Delete is good if you're going to have a redirect to the same message
in /forum/ as you mention below.

> http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/mailbox/ - The ongoing growing Mailbox
>              files.  These can be kept in the short-term for backup, but

Please; about two months' worth.

Since the network where I am is very unstable, I end up getting kicked off
the list every once and a while, or for other reasons can't get the list
mail.  It sure would be nice to know that the mailbox were available for
about two months before getting canned.  (I need them to maintain my own
digest archive.)

> http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/ - Script which redirects to the right
>              Message# in /forum/ based on the URL it is given.

Sounds like it would make a very smooth transition.

> http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/lynx-dev/  - file not found, which
>              simply shows people the information/links at
>              http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/

Or perhaps provide a link to:
        http://lynx.cc.ukans.edu/lynx-dev/lynx-dev.tar.gz

Thanks Russell, Al, Bob and whoever else is involved in maintaining
these archives.  It is much appreciated!

__Henry