lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Q: lynx shopping?

From: Matt Ackeret
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Q: lynx shopping?
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 11:38:13 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Henry Nelson wrote:
>Sorry, but my vote stands against changing the User-Agent id string that the
>source code ships with.

Fine.. that's your vote.  and as I originally said, I can argue both sides
of the argument.

But you should also realize that your vote implicitly means -- make lynx
compatible with fewer web sites in the real world we live in.

Yes, by "compatible", I do mean essentially "trick the web site into
thinking lynx is one of the big browsers so it works".   But for a user,
they don't care, at least at the start -- they just want to use the web.