lynx-dev

RE: lynx-dev Overriding mime types

From: Danny Ayers
Subject: RE: lynx-dev Overriding mime types
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 09:06:23 +0100

>> How do you override mime types?
>
>Not sure what information you are looking for.

Specifically, I was hoping to find a place in a config file where I could
specify that content type image/svg+xml be treated as html and opened in the
browser, not an external app. Ideally I would have preferred CSS handling,
so that <title> and <desc> elements could be viewed in the browser, thus
making SVG accessible to Lynx.

  "Overriding" mime types in
>the sense of ignoring the encoding of a particular file type is
>not something
>you want to do lightly.

What potential problems do you envisage?

 Just as general knowledge, I offer the following
>suggestions on ways to have Lynx handle files based on the file
>extension(s).

Thanks. This is useful.

Cheers,
Danny.