lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: help using lynx locally

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: help using lynx locally
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 21:59:34 -0500

The simplest escape to the local file system is g)o and for the URL to go to
just type a full stop.  That's right '.' full stop.  And carriage return.  You
should get a directory listing for whatever works out to be your lynx home
directory.  From there you can navigate up and down the file system.  I do find
I can't access the root directory for the disk volume, though.  This is with

Lynx 2.8.2rel.1 (01 Jun 1999)

So use the capital-G 'G' to pre-load the goTo URL with the current
file://localhost/c:/etc/ and edit from there to get across to another major
branch of the file system folder tree.  Use what Windows calls "DOS names" as
in mydocu~1 for "My Documents" etc.  These are 8 characters long ending in
~<digit, ususally 1>.  So six character of the agglutenated form of the file
folder name and ~1 and away you go.

Al