lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Can't retry with authorization

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Can't retry with authorization
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 06:35:33 -0500

On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 01:22:21PM -0600, Walker, Aaron  L wrote:
> I need to have lynx retry a page on my server when I pass it the -dump and
> -auth options.  I found a hit on lynx-dev from '96 (9607/0306.html), but it
> offered no resolution.
>
> Here's the gist of what I enter:
>
> lynx -dump -auth=ID:PWD http://<<host_name>/html/intro.html

it's supposed to work (I don't know of any reason why it wouldn't work
on os390 - but it's possible that some ASCII/EBCDIC issue is involved).

The -trace option doesn't show much related useful information.

The current version of lynx is 2.8.4

It's available at
        http://lynx.browser.org
        ftp://lynx.isc.org/lynx-2.8.4
2.8.5 Development & patches:
        http://lynx.isc.org/current/index.html

> and my results are:
>
> Looking up <host_name>
> Making HTTP connection to <host_name>
> Sending HTTP request.
> HTTP request sent; waiting for response.
> Alert!: Can't retry with authorization!  Contact the server's WebMaster.
> Can't Access `http://<host_name>/html/intro.html'
> Alert!: Unable to access document.
>
> It's lynx 2.8.3 on an OS/390 2.9 system, hitting a server on the OS/390.  Is
> there anything I'm leaving out, or any alterations I can make to the
> webserver?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Aaron
>
> Aaron Walker