lynx-dev

lynx-dev Lynx - cutting edge technology

From: Michael Warner
Subject: lynx-dev Lynx - cutting edge technology
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 16:59:38 -0700

>From a review of "CacheFlow Security Gateway" in Network Computing:

<
http://www.networkcomputing.com/shared/printArticle?article=nc/1307/1307sp1.html&pub=nwc

   [....] To test the content-aware facets of the Security
   Gateway, I created a policy that removed all active content
   from Web pages, including Java applets, ActiveX controls and
   JavaScript. After the policy was applied, I visited several
   sites containing active content. The pages were returned, but
   in place of the active content was text stating that the
   active content had been removed.

   Security Gateway also can remove content at the object level.
   Individual images can be removed, the result of which is both
   a reduction of bandwidth usage and allegedly an increase in
   employee productivity. You can actually force employees to
   read the articles instead of look at the pretty pictures.

Heh.  Wouldn't it be easier to just make 'em use lynx?

Maybe the rest of the world is catching up with us.  Until they
do, though, some JS in lynx would sure be nice, of course.

[Full disclosure: This was in the 1 April issue (but the review
was serious)]

--
Michael Warner       | Procrastinate now.
<address@hidden> |