lynx-dev

[no subject]

From: owner-lynx-dev
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 17:10:36 +0000

[172.20.249.18]) by terra.ele.intra via smap (V2.1)
        id xma001512; Fri, 10 May 02 09:00:12 +0200
From: "Conrad, Oliver" <address@hidden>
To: "'address@hidden'" <address@hidden>
Subject: lynx-dev HTTP-Error 503 on "Oracle Portal"-website with Lynx 2.8.4 dev
14
        (DOS)
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 09:00:10 +0200
Sender: address@hidden

Hello Lynx developer,

we're using the Oracle product "Oracle Portal" and have to solve a problem
with blind and visually handicapped users using the Lynx browser:

The problem happens on every Oracle-Portal-Site, e.g.

http://portalstudio.oracle.com

irrespective of the content of the website (static or dynamic, plain or
complex content). Please reproduce the HTTP-503-error from your site on your
own.

Our Oracle-Portal-Websites (not optimized for texted based readers at all,
sorry!) are located under

http://www.gelsenkirchen.de
http://www.bottrop.de and
http://www.gladbeck.de

The problem is allways the same: After accepting the cookies an after the
first page you get the HTTP 503 error "site temporary unavailable". This
problem doesn't exist with other browsers (NS, IE, Opera, ...).

We allready created a Bug-Ticket on Oracle, but Oracle unfortunately denies
any kind of support for your browser. They speculate "the cookie handling of
Lynx could be the cause of this effect".

Is it possible to configure the client side (Lynx-Browser) to solve this
problem or do you have an other clue or even a patch?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Oliver Conrad

GELSEN-NET      Tel  +49 209 167 2026
Kommunikationsgesellschaft mbH  Fax +49 209 167 2001
Munscheidstr. 14        mailto:address@hidden
D-45886 Gelsenkirchen   http://www.gelsen-net.de