lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: Installing LYNX on a SGI (IRIS) Machine

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Installing LYNX on a SGI (IRIS) Machine
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 16:53:17 -0400

On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 01:33:42PM -0400, address@hidden wrote:
[something like this]
> Hello ,
>   I have access to my College departmental SGI5 computer. It
> does not have LYNX installed . Do you think the file shown at
> 'www.trill-home.com/lynx/sources.html' will work ?. I prefer to use
> FTP from one UNIX machine to another . Is it possible for me to login
> anonymously to your site , where I can ftp 'down' the relevant file ?.
>                     Regards ,
>                     Jim Wood

Trill-home has pointers to the source for lynx-2.8.4; we are working on
lynx-2.8.5 now, which is here:

http://lynx.isc.org/current/

  You can use http links on this page to get the source. The ftp site at
lynx.isc.org/current also has the code. I'd suggest this one:

lynx2.8.5dev.8.tar.gz

------
<http://www.cs.indiana.edu/picons/db/users/net/bcpl/jspath/face.xbm>
<http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=%22web+home+for+jim+spath%22>
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
You're thinking along the wrong lines, You're failing to take
into account something fairly basic in the relationship between
men and robots.