lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Is this lynx problem or my mistake?

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Is this lynx problem or my mistake?
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 05:24:44 -0400

On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 05:18:18PM +0900, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I maintain lynx (developement version) for Debian and
> got the following bug report.
>
>     Lynx doesn't support the ISO-8859-8-I character set. Please note that
>     I'm not talking about implementing BiDi support for Lynx but simply
>     aliasing ISO-8859-8-I to ISO-8859-8 (which works as expected in Lynx),
>     since character set-wise they're the same.

It sounds as if they expect lynx to treat a given document as if it
had the ISO-8859-8 character set - in case lynx's setting for assumed
character set is not that already.  More information about that would
be helpful.

> I am not a programmer and don't know the ISO-8859-8-I character set
> nor BiDi at all.

hmm - lynx doesn't know anything about BiDi either, in case that's what
is involved.

> Is this report a problem of lynx's source code or my
> compilation option (or something) is not right?
>
> Best regards,                   2002.7.10
>
> --
>  Debian Developer & Debian JP Developer - much more I18N of Debian
>  Atsuhito Kohda <address@hidden>
>  Department of Math., Tokushima Univ.

Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net