lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx no longer works with Yahoo Mail...

From: Morten Bo Johansen
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx no longer works with Yahoo Mail...
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 20:49:11 +0200

Larry W. Virden <address@hidden> wrote:

LWV> I don't suppose anyone here knows tech employees at Yahoo?

LWV> Monday they released a new version of Yahoo mail.
LWV> Lynx can no longer be used with that service - perhaps because of all the
LWV> Javascript now used on the mail reading page.

LWV> One can actually get into the site and read individual messages.  But
LWV> for some reason, the buttons to move or delete messages no longer appear
LWV> on the page.

This is not an answer to your question, actually, but just a
pointer to a "workaround" that you might want to consider: I
use a perl script called fetchyahoo to download mail from yahoo
accounts to my local mail spool. You can find it here

    http://freshmeat.net/projects/fetchyahoo

At any rate it's faster and more convenient than having to use
the cumbersome way of a browser to deal with mail. Since it's
written in perl you should be able to make it work on most any
platform.

Regards,

Morten

--
"Education is a method whereby one acquires a higher grade of prejudices."
                                                      (Laurence J. Peter)