lynx-dev

lynx-dev alternatives to Lynx (was too long)

From: Philip Webb
Subject: lynx-dev alternatives to Lynx (was too long)
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 19:16:26 -0400

020810 Thomas Dickey wrote:
> 020810 Philip Webb wrote:
>> the thing that has partly marginalised Lynx for me is broadband.
>> with Opera 6.02 (on Linux) & an ADSL connection,
>> i can get everything incl graphics as quickly as with Lynx 2-8-5dev6.
> each of the browsers I use has problems with different sites.
> none of IE/NS/Opera was able to navigate to a download URL
> for a patch that one of the Linux i18n groups had for xterm.
> I used lynx for that and experimented with w3m/links,
> but they didn't get as far as Opera - ugly site, I admit.

what is the URL? i'll test Opera 6.02 & Konqueror 2.2.2 (and Lynx).

>> BTW TD: previous messages from me haven't appeared on lynx-dev.
>> if this one doesn't make it, could you please forward it there yourself
>> & might you have any suggestion what has gone wrong (not your fault)?
> I assume you subscribed with the  address@hidden  address?

finally, yes (smile).  checking the Archive, i find  2  msgs made it:
both from Sympatico, no Reply-to; the first hasn't made it back to me,
but the second has, while a third is pending maybe.

it looks as if Majordomo mb confused by a user's Reply-to header.
i got the Majordomo 'help' response w/o enlightenment.