lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev LYNX: hey, guys: Just what are we gonna *DO*?

From: Matt Ackeret
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: hey, guys: Just what are we gonna *DO*?
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 10:39:12 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, David Woolley wrote:
>>     For this site to work properly, you must have JavaScript and Cookies
>>                         enabled on your web browser.
>
>I find it difficult to imagine that this site is not covered by Section 508,
>and I thought Section 508 required equivalent service without running
>programs on the client.

But doesn't Section 508 only cover sites/software that the *government*
does business with?

and even if it did violate, someone would have to sue them for compliance,
wouldn't they?

(Don't get me wrong, I often use(d) 508 as a rationale for making some keyboard
navigation thing work better... but that's for me to use optionally, not
my sole method of input..)