lynx-dev

lynx-dev japanese mojibake (2.8.5dev.8)

From: Atsuhito Kohda
Subject: lynx-dev japanese mojibake (2.8.5dev.8)
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 21:42:43 +0900 (JST)

Hi all,

I recently experienced mojibake on Japanese characters
in some case with lynx 2.8.5dev.8

For example, when in a page
http://www.google.com/linux
one serched the words "Cinese Korean" in Japanese or more
precisely "中国語 韓国語" then one got a result page but
one would see a broken page (or mojibake).  It is difficult
to explain how it looks broken but it is broken ;)

Ctrl+R nor Ctrl+L can not fix the problem.

My system is Debian GNU/Linux and lynx is compiled with
ncurses (5.2?) and libc6(glibc?) 2.2.5

Best regards,                    2002/9/9

 Atsuhito Kohda <address@hidden>
 Department of Math., Tokushima Univ.