lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.11

From: pg
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.11
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 06:53:35 -0700 (MST)

In a recent note, Thomas Dickey said:

> Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 21:37:44 -0500
>
> * change the install procedure for lynx.cfg to attempt to update the file with
>   the user's customizations if any, and to save the old configuration
>   information in a series, e.g., lynx.cfg-1, lynx.cfg-2, etc. -TD

Hmmm.  My install procedure has long been:

o "patch"  Apply customizations to various components, including lynx.cfg.

o "configure".  More customizations in argument list.

o "make".

o "make install".

Will this new facility conflict with my use of patch?

-- gil
--
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL