lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Problem with parameters sent in Lynx

From: Peter Rasmussen
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Problem with parameters sent in Lynx
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 20:13:03 +0100

On Sun Dec 29 18:40:52 2002 Thomas Dickey <address@hidden> wrote:

>On Sun, Dec 29, 2002 at 05:00:56PM +0100, Peter Rasmussen wrote:
>> OK, at least having understood this problem and how to deal with it I could
>> say
>> I am satisfied, and I won't continue the discussion :-)
>
>It was a useful bug report - turns out that it was something that I would have
>fixed if I'd noticed it.  There's a diff on
>       ftp://invisible-island.net/temp/
>to cover the changes I made this morning.

I build Lynx with your patch and I can confirm that it works as expected for me.

At the same time I noticed two things, one prevously mentioned and one new.

1.Even if I specify an external editor I am not able to bring it up in a
  TEXTAREA field.

2.From before when I meet the META tag REFRESH I have noticed that Lynx never
  continues, but I have to click myself for it to continue, eg. when I go to

  http://www.udgaard.com/New/dvd_db

I get the following line:

REFRESH(0 sec): http://www.udgaard.com/New/dvd_db/login_screen.cgi

and the file http://www.udgaard.com/New/dvd_db/index.html presently has this:

<META HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" CONTENT="0; URL=login_screen.cgi">
<HTML>
</HTML>

Also here I can say that it works fine with Mozilla1.*, Netscape6, Opera6
and IE5, but not with Lynx 2.8.5dev12.

Thanks,

Peter