lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Problem with parameters sent in Lynx

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Problem with parameters sent in Lynx
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 20:39:48 +0000 (GMT)

> I have only once validated my source against W3C's validator and it was just
> like using lint when compiling C source. Too much noise.

It's different from lint.  Every error is a real error.  The only complication
arises if your browser vendor fails to provide a DTD for their browser; that
means that, if you use proprietory extensions, you have to construct your
own DTD in order to validate the page correctly.  Specifying an HTML 4.01
DOCTYPE and then using IE5 extensions does produce an invalid document,
which may cause problems if the DOCTYPE puts a recent browser into
strict mode.