lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev [OT] Alternatives to NS4 (Re: Problem with parameters sent

From: Frédéric L . W . Meunier
Subject: Re: lynx-dev [OT] Alternatives to NS4 (Re: Problem with parameters sent in Lynx)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 18:24:09 -0200 (E. South America Daylight Time)

On Mon, 30 Dec 2002, Peter Rasmussen wrote:

> On Mon Dec 30 20:22:54 2002 Ian Collier <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> >On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 01:32:53AM +0100, Peter Rasmussen wrote:
> >> On Mon Dec 30 01:15:19 2002 Ian Collier <address@hidden> wrote:
> >> If disk space is the problem have you tried to use Opera?
> >
> >Good point.  I have just now downloaded it but unfortunately all it does
> >when run on my system is say "Segmentation fault".  :-(
> >

> Having RedHat installed you probably downloaded the RPM
> distribution? I would not recommend that, but instead the
> last one in the tar.gz column, ie. the Static Qt.

I bet the static binaries won't run at all on glibc 2.0
systems. Plugins wouldn't work because
i386/plugins/operamotifwrapper is dynamically linked (and
requires libXm.so.2).

You probably can't even run the last Netscape 4.x releases,
which are linked against glibc 2.1.x.

Think about upgrading to a system with 2.3.1. I also used Red
Hat 5.1 (with some packages from 5.2) during 2 years (from July
1998 to September 2000). In 1999 I found that I couldn't
compile the now dead Mnemonic browser because it required glibc
2.1.x.

--
address@hidden, {dyndns.}org}