lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev PDCurses 2.6 fixes (most) accentuation problems | New binar

From: Frédéric L . W . Meunier
Subject: Re: lynx-dev PDCurses 2.6 fixes (most) accentuation problems | New binary for Windows
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 18:19:01 -0200 (E. South America Daylight Time)

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, Doug Kaufman wrote:

> This is a problem, since OpenSSL 0.9.7 was just released
> after extensive testing, including getting compilation
> problems fixed. Please report the problem (if you haven't
> already) to "address@hidden". You might want to try the
> 0.9.7a snapshot from the CVS repository before making the bug
> report, since the problem might already have been fixed.

I first reported it to openssl-dev and then rt. No replies :-(

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openssl-dev&m=104163278107370&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openssl-dev&m=104141030110636&w=2

I also reported that 0.9.6h compiles with the same setup.

About the PDCurses problems I reported, I added the following
to my index.html:

Most problems with my ABNT2 keyboard are fixed in PDCurses 2.6,
but:

´ + a produces a space instead of á. A workaround (?) is to set
Display character set in the Options menu from Western
(ISO-8859-1) to IBM PC US codepage (cp437).

But then I noticed ISO-8859-1 (the default) doesn't recognize
accents. Maybe I should remove it ? Any other suggestions ?
Make cp437 the default in my Borland builds ?

Shift + 6 + vowel produces ^¨. So, ¨ + e produces ^ë instead of
ë.

Not a major problem. I can always remove ^.

In Window, ( and ) may sometimes output as < and > if using
Raster Fonts. No problem in Full Screen (press Alt+Enter).
Input is correct. A workaround (?) is to use Lucida Console.

I added "may sometimes" because I couldn't reproduce it.

I also noticed mouse only works in Full Screen and I can't use
Shift to select any text. PDCurses limitation ?

Anyway, 2.6 the keyboard part is much better.

--
address@hidden, {dyndns.}org}