lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev PDCurses 2.6 fixes (most) accentuation problems | New bi

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev PDCurses 2.6 fixes (most) accentuation problems | New binary for Windows
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 12:11:25 +0300 (MSK)

9-Jan-2003 15:18 Frщdщric L. W. Meunier wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Leonid Pauzner wrote:

>> > I don't know why the Borland build doesn't show "ч" and
>> > accentued characters in filenames:
>>
>> > Borland:

I run Win95 and have tested several lynx binaries on local directory with
non-ascii filenames. The result:

1) All djgpp' compiled binaries (starting 2.8.1rel.2 - no older versions,
sorry) show non-ascii filenames properly, both 8+3 and LFN.

2) Borland' compiled binary (2.8.1dev.4 - the only version available at my
disk) have broke in this respect. (non-ascii filenames represented with
cryptic symbols, changing display charset in lynx option menu have no effect
at all).

The relevant lynx code is in www/.../HTFile.c

The problem may come from Borland libraries (just a wild guess,
until we check less antique lynx version).