lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: FTP URL handling errors in lynx 2.8.4rel.1

From: David Balazic
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: FTP URL handling errors in lynx 2.8.4rel.1
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 16:24:43 +0100

"Larry W. Virden" wrote :

> From: David Balazic <address@hidden>
>
> > Thomas Dickey <address@hidden> wrote :

> > > are you volunteering to run it?
> >
> > Why ? sourceforge.net and savannah.gnu.org are already running
> > each one. And there are others too.
>
> I think there is a semantical disconnect here.
>
> When Thomas talks about 'running it', I suspect he doesn't mean "
> are you volunteering to load the software on your machine , configure it,
> etc.  Rather, I suspect he means "are you volunteering to manage the
> bug reports, sort out duplicate reports, assign problems to programmers,
> close out reports, etc.".
>
> The former support (providing CPUs, disk space, software) is provided by
> sourceforge or savannah.nongnu.org .  The latter is expected to be provided
> by a project.

I thought lynx already has a project :-)

If the lynx developers think that handling bugs, fixes and patches is
easier
without a tracking system, then I am nobody to teach them otherwise.
I just feel more comfortable when my reports are stored in a tracking
system
and properly marked and easily found again.

I thought by having such a system, people would have more time working
on
lynx , since they would need less time on administrative tasks.

It was just a suggestion.

--
David Balazic