lynx-dev

lynx-dev finding lynx's source of info on what command to run

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: lynx-dev finding lynx's source of info on what command to run
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 11:24:22 -0400 (EDT)

Platform: sparc solaris 2.6
(Lynx Version 2.8.5dev.15)

When I position lynx to point to a page on which a graphical image is
displayed, and I place the cursor on the link and press return, lynx
respondes by invoking a graphical display program.

Unfortunately, the program chosen - xli - doesn't exist in my path.

I'm trying to determine what file determines the mapping from .png to
application to invoke is xli.

The trace says:

lynx_temp_space is not our directory /ldatae/tmp/ owner 203 mode 777
made subdirectory /ldatae/tmp/AmaipQ/
-> '/ldatae/tmp/AmaipQ/L21625-31TMP.html'
... LYOpenTemp(/ldatae/tmp/AmaipQ/L21625-31TMP.html)
PARAM-ADD:/bin/rm -f /ldatae/tmp/AmaipQ/L21625-31TMP.html
PARAM-END:/bin/rm -f /ldatae/tmp/AmaipQ/L21625-31TMP.html
StreamStack: Returning "FileWriter"
Data transfer complete
LYCloseTempFP
...LYCloseTempFP(/ldatae/tmp/AmaipQ/L21625-31TMP.html)
xli -quiet /ldatae/tmp/AmaipQ/L21625-31TMP.html &
stop_curses: done.
LYSystem(xli -quiet /ldatae/tmp/AmaipQ/L21625-31TMP.html &)
start_curses: done.
HTAccess:  status=200
HTAccess: `http://www.ics.mq.edu.au/~cassidy/giggle/giggle.png' has been accesse
d.

This is the only reference to xli in the entire trace.

Now, I have checked my $HOME/.mailcap:
$ grep xli $HOME/.mailcap $HOME/.lynxrc
$

The lynx.cfg says:
$ grep xli /projects/intranet/lib/lynx/lynx.cfg
# is set.  Make it the full path and name of the xli (also know as
# (xli does).  The freeware distribution of xli is available in the
# If you use xli, you may want to add the -quiet flag.
#XLOADIMAGE_COMMAND:xli %s &
#               VIEWER:image/gif:xli %s:XWINDOWS
#VIEWER:image/gif:xli %s&:XWINDOWS
#VIEWER:image/x-xbm:xli %s&:XWINDOWS
#VIEWER:image/png:xli %s&:XWINDOWS
#VIEWER:image/tiff:xli %s&:XWINDOWS
#VIEWER:image/jpeg:xli %s&:XWINDOWS
$

all of which are comments.

I have checked the user defaults header file:
$ grep xli userdefs.h
 * is set.  Make it the full path and name of the xli (also known as
 * (xli does).  The freeware distribution of xli is available in the
$

Nothing appears to be include xli.

But obviously _something_ is.

Anyone have an idea how I can figure out the source for this info
so I can fix things?
--
Tcl - The glue of a new generation.  <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/ >
Larry W. Virden <mailto:address@hidden> <URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/>