lynx-dev

[lynx-dev] handling an internal server error (I think)

From: William December Starr
Subject: [lynx-dev] handling an internal server error (I think)
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 18:53:04 -0400

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 12:08:51PM -0400, William December Starr wrote:

> Wait a minute. something weird just happened -- I renamed my
> .lynx_cookies file to something else and tried the URL and
> everything worked properly.  Then I renamed it back, tried again,
> and got the usual glitch.  Weird.

After more confused muddling about, I'm no clearer on what's going
on.  *Apparently* something in the cookie that zap2it set when I
registered causes it to handle requests from me differently
than those from outsiders, or something.

In any event, this doesn't look to be a Lynx problem after all.  I
think.  But if anyone wants to play around with it anyway, feel free.

(By the way, a query about the .lynx_cookies file -- if there are
multiple cookies in there for a single site, which one gets used?
The topmost one?)

-- William December Starr <address@hidden>