lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx-2.8.5-dev.16 crash

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx-2.8.5-dev.16 crash
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 07:33:27 -0400 (EDT)

P.S.  To test this out from the toplevel of the web site, these are the
steps I am following.

1. lynx http://www.columbuslibrary.org/
2. Select the first link - "The Catalog"
3. Select the Refresh link (webpac.cml.lib.oh.us/...)
4. In the search form, on link 5 (Step 1: Enter your search term), I type:
lynx
5. Changing nothing else, I select link 11, Search.
6. 9 titles display on the results page.  I select the first search
        result (link number 5).
7. I see the bibliographic info for Susan Bonner's "Hunter in the snow: the
lynx".
8. I select the 8th link , labeled "Reserve".
9. I get the refresh page with the truncated URL.
10. I select that, I get:

            HTTP Error 404: The requested document was not found

           The document you requested does not exist at this site

Note that following the same steps with Netscape, after step 7 above, a
new page is opened which has a reservation page asking for my patron
number, location where I'd like the book, etc.

Again, the second bug with this set of instructions is that, if between
step 7 and 8, I turn on tracing, lynx core dumps.
--
Tcl - The glue of a new generation.  <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/ >
Larry W. Virden <mailto:address@hidden> <URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/>