lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx timeline

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx timeline
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 10:25:16 +0900 (JST)

> Actually, I'd like to be able to do that even if the reload completed
> entirely successfully.  I'd like to be able to compare the old and new
> versions, see what the owner changed.
>
> These ideas imply some extensions to Lynx's internal knowledge about a
> document.  It should know whether the document is complete or partial.

I know that most people on the list have no love for a cacheing proxy,
but I guess what I don't understand is _why_ it's so unfavorable.  Is it
that there is no proxy out there that is configurable the way you want?
Is it that the a majority of users now run Lynx on Windows, and it's too
hard to set up a proxy on a PC?  There was the argument that installing
a cacheing proxy would bloat the system, but I don't see this either.  I
don't see a standalone cacheing proxy (that not only Lynx, but any other
browser on the system can use) adding significant weight to the system
beyond what the same functionality within Lynx would do.

__Henry