lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: lynx timeline

From: Ilya Zakharevich
Subject: lynx-dev Re: lynx timeline
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 00:59:40 -0700

On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 01:42:37PM -0700, Ilya Zakharevich wrote:
> More remarks from Leonid, answered together:
>
>   A) If the document is in HText cache, the expiration date is ignored.
>
>       This is not what I observe.  Very often documents get reloaded
>       even with my cache-100-documents settings.

Example:

 http://www.bigmoviezone.com/txshows/theaters/advanced.html

Hope this helps,
Ilya

P.S.  About "very late" purging of the documents: lynx already knows
      which documents were fully loaded, which were interrupted by
      'z'.  This is easy to observe: if you load again a "z-interrupted"
      document, it is always reloaded.

      Thus I do not see any obstacle to have this purging policy
      defined as a user option.  Having multiple versions of a
      document is also easy to implement: just rename the old URL
      http://foo.org to lynxold:1/http://foo.org

      Here I assume that 1 means: the version obtained on the first try.