lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev LYNX: catch ^C's --> "are you sure?" (excellent!)

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: catch ^C's --> "are you sure?" (excellent!)
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 17:58:36 +0900 (JST)

> > Again, I'm a little confused.  ^V is a toggle, isn't it?  It switches from
>
> Not in the version I use (admittedly quite old), and not in the tools from
> which the concept was taken; ^V escapes a single character.
[...]
> That does not make sense at all. ^V is the default binding of the command
> that allows you to issue a Lynx command whilst in the middle of a form
> input field.

You are talking about Lynx's Line Editor.  I was talking about Lynx's
own commands.  You'll have to do your own reading up about the use of ^V
to gain access to Lynx's commands when using the Line Editor since that
area is configurable, both using external stty settings and Lynx's
KEYMAP, according to your shell/terminal/preferences.  I never use that
functionality myself since I find it easier to fire up Lynx in another
virtual terminal to get information for filling in a form.  Simply for
your information my "Current Key Map" (seen by pressing "K") says:
  "^V          SWITCH_DTD    switch between two ways of parsing HTML".
This is the source of the confusion.  Sorry.

__Henry