lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: problem with lynx as newsreader (fwd)

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: lynx-dev Re: problem with lynx as newsreader (fwd)
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 00:14:28 -0700 (PDT)

The following problem report regarding nntp support in lynx came from the
BLIND-L mailing list. It appears that the information from the
Message-ID line is not used to construct a correct URL, so the message
can't be retrieved. The HEAD command leads to a response:
221 403831 <address@hidden>head

The server needs to be sent: ARTICLE address@hidden
but gets sent instead: ARTICLE <address@hidden>

The angle brackets cause the server to respond with "Bad Article
Number". I'll look to see if I can see where the problem with parsing
comes from. If anyone knows the news code well, it might be easier for
you to fix this.
                       Doug

--
Doug Kaufman