lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev url#name is treated the same as url for -dump

From: Stef Caunter
Subject: Re: lynx-dev url#name is treated the same as url for -dump
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 09:22:14 -0400 (EDT)

Lynx is an excellent way to automate getting https
served pages/files; it may well be relied upon by many to
predictably fetch such files. I believe it is unique in
this regard.

I think I noticed that Lynx did not just get the chunk
marked with the # a couple of years ago, but I just scripted
a workaround for the task. I didn't post since I thought it
seemed correct.

I prefer to use Lynx for most non-recursive GET jobs.

__Stef