lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev gettext troubles

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev gettext troubles
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 12:24:45 +0900 (JST)

> And I've tried with LOCALEDIR or $LYNX_LOCALEDIR:
>   g:/MingW32/share/locale
>   /MingW32/share/locale
>   /g/MingW32/share/locale

And on my system, where gettext is in fact functional within Lynx, none
of those would work.  Unless something is different between the gettext
package you are using and the one I am using (gettext-0.10.35, for a long
time the only decent gettext package, but now obsoleted by the most recent
GNU gettext which is closely integrated with iconv), the final "locale"
should not be there.  On Solaris8, Solaris6, NetBSD1.4.3 and NetBSD1.5.2
with Lynx 2.8.5dev.16 or Lynx 2.8.4dev.15 I run the configure script with
the option --with-nls-datadir=/path/from/root/share.  Under that directory
"share" (it can be any name, not just share) I have "locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/
lynx.mo", and it `` just works ''.  It isn't just Lynx; I also use Mutt
daily with a Japanese message catalogue, although in this case the mutt.mo
file is in the default directory "/usr/local/share/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES",
so it's no real test.

__Henry