lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.17

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.17
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 20:38:57 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, RobertM wrote:

> It is alleged that Thomas Dickey once typed:
> > On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, RobertM wrote:
> [snip]
> > > At the moment it looks like an issue with that particular test.
>
> Just recompiled, and if I compile with that test forced to pass lynx
> can indeed do ipv6 on irix6.5.19m, tested with netcat running on
> another box and all looks happy.

The second parameter to getaddrinfo() could be the problem.  Documentation
says it is either a service name or a port number.  54321 is not one of
the standard ports - perhaps the function cares about that.  One of the
pages I'm looking at uses "http" as an example.  That would be fine for
lynx - can you tweak the configure script and test that?

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net