lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Problem with Cygwin port under bash shell

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Problem with Cygwin port under bash shell
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 21:07:56 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004, Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote:

> Start the default Cygwin terminal.
>
> $ export CYGWIN="binmode tty codepage:oem"
> $ lynx
>
> Exit lynx.
>
> I see the problem and 'stty sane' returns "stty: standard
> input: unable to perform all requested operations".
>
> 'stty' returns
>
> $ speed 38400 baud; line = 0;
> min = 1; time = 0;
> -brkint -icrnl -imaxbel
> -icanon -iexten -echo -echoe -echok -echoctl -echoke
>
> Start the default Cygwin terminal.
>
> $ export CYGWIN="binmode codepage:oem"
> $ lynx
>
> Exit lynx.

According to the Cygwin documentation, the setting of the CYGWIN tty
must be done BEFORE the Cygwin shell is opened. You are not supposed to
be able to change it once the shell is open, so I am not sure what
happens when you try to export a changed CYGWIN tty setting from a
Cygwin bash shell.
                       Doug
--
Doug Kaufman