lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev archive problem

From: Frédéric L . W . Meunier
Subject: Re: lynx-dev archive problem
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:32:44 -0300 (BRT)

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 address@hidden wrote:

> 040218 Bela Lubkin wrote:
> > I haven't checked the archives to see what might actually have gone thro.
>
> of the latest  100  msgs listed for 0402 ,  59  are spam ...
>
> > apparently the archives happily archive spam
> > that isn't actually forwarded to list members
>
> it wdn't take a human v long to go thro' the archive & delete them all,

No, a simple script could do that. Just remove all messages
that have

<LI><EM>To</EM>: <A HREF="mailto:address@hidden";>address@hidden</A></LI>

or

<LI><EM>To</EM>: <A HREF="mailto:address@hidden";>address@hidden</A></LI>

Then manually go through it, as there's still 0,01% of spam.

Not to mention December 2001 and January 2002 are missing.

I did it for the mailboxes -
http://www.pervalidus.net/lynx-dev/

> but however did it get that way & why has it been ignored all
> along ?

Probably because nobody with the access gives a...

--
http://www.pervalidus.net/contact.html