lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] post-data question

From: Stef Caunter
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] post-data question
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 04:42:16 -0400 (EDT)

Here is an example:

lynx -dump -auth=user:pass -cookie_save_file=foo -post_data
http://foo.ca/cgi-bin/mail.pl < my_data > lynx.save

which does:

-dump: exit after the one operation
-auth: provide colon-separated username and password
-cookie_save_file: specifies file in which cookies get saved; file will be
populated with existing cookies from location specified in lynx.cfg so you
might want to change that if you just need the one from the single transaction
-post_data: file location read as STDIN containing name=value&foo=bar strings
or whatever you want to POST

follow this construction with the URL, and redirect STDIN and optionally
STDOUT.

__Stef

(tested on)...
http://caunter.ca/contact.html