lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] Using compessed caches

From: Mengmeng Zhang
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Using compessed caches
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 02:29:19 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,
        I'm using Lynx 2.8.5rel.1. It seems that whenever Lynx hits a page
on a server which can serve compressed source files, it will give a user
message saying that it's using '/tmp/something/whatever.gz'. This becomes
very tedious since almost every page I click on entails a 2 second delay.
I can turn MESSAGESECS to 0, but then I don't want to miss other user
messages which I might want to read (such as real redirects). Is there a
way to either just turn these specific messages off, or turn off using a
disk cache for compressed files altogether?

Thanks,
Mengmeng Zhang