[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Sun, 17 Oct 2004 18:14:52 -0400
The current version of lynx is 2.8.5
It's available at
2.8.6 Development & patches:
* update de.po, et.po from
* clarification in manpage description of "-pseudo_inlines" option (Dan
* correct parsing of embedded URLs which have parameters but no path, e.g.,
(Debian #274619, report/analysis by Liam K Morland) -TD
* improve description of --assume-local-charset option (Debina #270915).
* revise configure script check whether _POSIX_C_SOURCE should be defined,
taking into account the _POSIX_SOURCE definition (report by PG) -TD
* add --with-system-type option to configure script to simplify testing the
case-statements involving $host_os -TD
* fix a memory leak in IPv6 version of HTGetAddrInfo() -TD
* modify HTCompressed() to choose the last viewer in the list with the best
quality. User-defined viewers appear after the built-in viewers, and by
choosing the last, lynx allows one to override the built-in defaults -TD
* add "deflate" to the encoding types which lynx implements. This consists
of several parts (report by Thorsten Glaser) -TD
+ adapted logic from w3m's inflate.c to construct an internal "deflate"
decompressor. Tested this with
+ simplify VMS-specific logic for trimming version in HTLoadFile().
+ combined VMS- and Unix logic for decompression in HTLoadFile() as a new
function decompressAndParse() to eliminate clutter. As a side-effect,
eliminate some memory leaks in cases where the file is not loaded properly.
+ add/use new function HTEncodingToCompressType() to eliminate clutter.
+ add "deflate" to the options menu.
+ modify logic that builds "Accept-Encoding" value to omit encodings which
have no external decompressor associated. The effect of this change is to
allow lynx to behave as it did before adding the (possibly incomplete)
+ add INFLATE_PATH to lynx.cfg, to optionally specify an external program
which can be used to decompress deflated files. For testing, a shell
script using w3m's utility, e.g., /usr/lib/w3m/inflate, sufficed.
NOTE: As currently implemented, lynx requires the external decompression
programs to be specified even if it can decompress using library calls.
+ use ".zz" for suffix of downloaded (but not inflated) deflated files,
mapped to application/deflate and application/x-deflate.
* fix LYSetConfigValue(), which did not properly handle the CONF_PRG case which
is used to allow user configuring the program paths -TD
* fix content_is_compressed() function, which was checking for the absence only
of some nonstandard encodings (8bit, 7bit, binary) rather than for the
presence of the encodings as specified in RFC 2068 (gzip, compress, etc).
This makes lynx able to view a site
which puts the charset as the Content-Type (report by FLWM) -TD
* fix configure script: top-level makefile uses $(TAR), which was not defined
if --without-dired option was used (report by Gabor Z Papp) -TD
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
- [Lynx-dev] 2.8.6dev.7,
Thomas Dickey <=